Well, I once again clean up my hosting space and switch back to WordPress after I have Joomla 1.5Beta2 installed for a month. As being a long time Joomla fan, I made my decision based on purely the purpose of this site, a search engine friendly blog about things I do. Like programming, building websites and stuff.
Back to the topic, there are many good articles about this topics, and here’s my 2 cents:
Joomla is good for full featured websites like corporate sites, product sites and etc. It’s extensive and complicated and yet powerful enough to handle all features a CMS system needs.
- Powerful, extensive
- Nice looking free template comes with it
- Best php web framwork I’ve worked on
- Not easy to crack it
- Lack of SEO from the core, SEFU (however you do have some choices over either free or commercial SEO components to use)
- Most recently, the GPL news, yes, it suppose to make things better, OSM, Yeah!, however it may cause negative effects.
I am not sure if the last one should be listed as one of the cons. Well, at least for now, some extension developers have stopped working on those wonderful components because of this. Actual users may only benefit from this after a while when many good GPL compatible extensions come and replace those are not.
WordPress, current stable version is 2.21
- Smaller file size
- Easier to setup
- SEO SEFU is built into the core